What to Expect After Severe Weather Events
Big storms can be furious and frightening, and you need to focus on safety. If your area has seen major problems, play it safe. If you the risk of flooding or structural damage, stay out until a professional says it’s safe. Find another place to stay until you’re confident it’s safe.
Get through the storm, and then take a look at the impact. Read the information below for more.
Coverage amounts vary based on your area, the specifics of your policy, the extent of damage and additional factors.
To get the biggest possible payout from your insurer, keep track of damage or take photos of the damage immediately. Then, get in touch with your insurer and have an assessor come out. Next, choose a repair company.
Storms that cause property damage may lead to mold proliferation and cause other problems.
- Winter Storm Damage: This can collapse roofs, break trees and electric systems, and cause other harm.
- Hail Storm Damage: Major hail storms can cause shingle and siding damage, causing hidden leaks and compounding structural damage.
- Damage from Wind Storms: This can rip off siding, shingles and even whole roofs, lead to broken windows, wreak havoc on trees and electric systems and cause additional damage.
- Tornado and Tropical Storm Damage: Circular winds can wreak havoc on your home or business, such as catastrophic damage to landscaping, siding and windows.
- Damage from Flooding: Flood water can ruin foundations, ruin drywall, carpet and framing, lead to mold proliferation and cause other problems.
Seek Out a Trusted Contractor
If your business or home has storm damage, act now. Choose a professional team that is insured, credentialed and licensed, and that knows your area. Call today to schedule a consultation.