Ways to Repair Fire Damage
Fire can be extremely destructive to a house. However, many people don’t know that fire has other harmful elements. Your building materials and personal belongings can be overwhelmed by smoke odor, while soot can seriously damage walls that weren’t burned by flames. A fire can have catastrophic and extreme effects both to your family and your home.
The technicians from Paul Davis understand any damages to your precious keepsakes can be disheartening. That’s why as specialists in smoke and soot damage, we’re here to help you restore your damaged possessions. Every Paul Davis franchise provides 24/7 emergency smoke repair services. Contact us immediately, so we’ll be able to lessen costly fire and smoke damages to your home.
How Can I Clean Up Fire Damage?
Your home can undergo serious soot or smoke damage without a major fire breaking out. If you don’t start cleaning immediately, closed fireplace flues and small-scale kitchen fires can cause discoloration and significant odors. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise smoke odor will seep into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few tips on how to quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- Shut off your HVAC system so smoke won’t spread.
- Put large fans by open doors and windows to suck out the smoke.
- Vacuum up soot and ash by holding the nozzle right above the soot- pressing down could create stains.
- Wipe down hard surfaces with a rag.
- Wipe away soot from ceilings and walls with a dry sponge. Meanwhile, use a vinegary spray to get rid of stains.
- Clean every item in your house that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any curtains or clothing that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize carpets and window coverings.
The Smoke Restoration Process from Paul Davis
If your home has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the experts handle it. Paul Davis offers all-encompassing smoke remediation services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage evaluation, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Contact Paul Davis Today
Has your home undergone smoke and soot damage? Reach out to Paul Davis. You‘ll finally get your home back after we’re done with our fire repair services. Our experts are specialized in effective smoke repair cleaning services and using the proper equipment, meaning faster cleanup and cheaper smoke damage repair costs. We want you to return to your normal life immediately. Reach out the smoke damage restoration and smoke cleanup technicians from Paul Davis at (828) 687-7766. Our experts get you in touch with you with the franchise closest to you.